Saturday, January 8, 2011

Things I Missed during Christmas Break

Michael Vick in a locker room interview follow...Image via Wikipedia
I love writing my blogs.  It gives me a chance to bring issues to those who missed them, clarify and provide additional information on subjects that interest me, and express my point of view on national issues. Sometimes I take a break and miss opportunities to comment on some of the current issues.

Here some quick comments about some of the issues occuring during my unofficial Christmas break:

Tucker Carlson Slams Michael Vick

Last week while filling in for Sean Hannity Tucker Carlson said he believed that Michael Vick should have been executed for his crimes against dogs. Carlson has taken heat from the left and the right for his over zealous comments. Carlson said “This is what happens when you get too emotional, I’m a dog lover, I love them and…I know a lot about what Michael Vick did…I overspoke. I’m uncomfortable with the death penalty in any circumstance. Of course I don’t think he should be executed, but I do think that what he did is truly appalling.” This is what happens when you when you want to create a soundbite. You overspeak and then you have to eat your words.

Excerpted from politics from the eyes of an ebony mom blog


President's Christmas Family Vacation

The Hawaii Reporter is reporting that the President’s Christmas break cost 1.4 million dollars. This quote is not based on any factual evidence, but rather is the reporter's guess as to what the vacation cost. Be that as it may, what I want to know is what's up with the media’s fascination with the cost of any trips that this first family takes. Why didn't past administrations receive the same kind of scrutiny? Makes you wonder.

Sarah Palin's War with the First Lady Over Desserts

I refuse to comment on this ridiculious ploy for media attention. Folks from the Right and the Left dismiss Palin's anti-Michele Obama stance on this issue and so do I.

Oprah Says America is to Smart to Elect Sarah Palin President

All I can say is ditto! (At least I hope so.)

Scott Sisters Freed in 2011

Two Mississippi sisters received life sentences for a robbery.  They spent 16 years in prison for an $11 robbery. The stipulation is one of the sisters must give a kidney to the ailing sister. Gov. Haley Barbour suspended their sentence with the stipulation that Gladys Scott, 36 must donate a kidney to her sister Jamie, 38. Is there something wrong with this picture?


See what happens when you take your hands off the wheel? You miss the good, the bad and the ugly!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment