Thursday, May 26, 2011

MSNBC"s Ed Schultz Suspended


MSNBC suspended host Ed Schultz for a week on Wednesday after Schultz called rival pundit Laura Ingraham “a right-wing slut”.

Schultz apologized for the comment on his TV program, “The Ed Show,” on Wednesday night, saying he had used “vile and inappropriate language” in referring to Ingraham. “I am deeply sorry, and I apologize,” he said. “It was wrong, uncalled for, and I recognize the severity of what I said. I apologize to you, Laura, and ask for your forgiveness.”

Here's what Ed Schultz said on his radio show:

Rain, thunderstorms, winds getting whipped into tornadoes of horrific proportions. Hot weather, all of this stuff. And what are the Republicans thinking about? They’re not thinking about their next-door neighbor. They’re just thinking about how much this is going to cost. President Obama is going to be visiting Joplin, Missouri, on Sunday.
But you know what they’re talking about? Like this right-wing slut, what’s her name, Laura Ingraham? Yeah, she’s a talk slut. You see, she was, back in the day, praising President Reagan when he was drinking a beer overseas. But now that Obama’s doing it, they’re working him over.

So much for "civility" that MSNBC hosts have harped on. What ever your political affiliation, if you are attacking someone’s politics, no need to be ad hominem. Just make your case.

Here'as Laura Ingraham's response posted on her Facebook page:

The crude comments made about me by Ed Schultz on his radio program: First, I was surprised to learn that Ed Schultz actually hosted a radio show. Is it only available online? Second, I have to get back to recording the audio edition of my new book “Of Thee I Zing.” Now I’m tempted to insert one additional zing–about men who preach civility but practice misogyny.

Like Rodney King said, "can't we all just get along"?

Here's something for us all to think about:
 
‎"What we think or what we know or what we believe is, in the
end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do"
- John Ruskin


Related articles:
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment