Monday, May 16, 2011

Thrump: Out of the Presidential Race



Don Trump announced today that he is out of the race for president.


TRUMP STATEMENT “After considerable deliberation and reflection, I have decided not to pursue the office of the presidency.” “This decision does not come easily or without regret; especially when my potential candidacy continues to be validated by ranking at the top of the Republican contenders in polls across the country. I maintain the strong conviction that if I were to run, I would be able to win the primary and ultimately, the general election. I have spent the past several months unofficially campaigning and recognize that running for public office cannot be done half heartedly. Ultimately, however, business is my greatest passion and I am not ready to leave the private sector.”
My Translation: Republicans, consider yourself punked.  You gave Thrump your votes in the polls while he worked on getting his TV show renewed. Pundits made loud noises about Thrump's "potential" and "the Donald" took all the free publicity showered upon him.  After all, who wants to be President of the United States of America when he can sign on to host two more seasons of Celebrity Apprentice?.

No comments:

Post a Comment