Monday, June 6, 2011

Weiner Admits to Tweeting Lewd Photo

Rep. Anthony WeinerImage by TalkMediaNews via Flickr
Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) acknowledged Monday that he tweeted the lewd picture that has been at the center of a controversy since it surfaced a week ago, and he said the image was of him. "It was something that I did that was just wrong and I regret it," he said. He apologized and said he is not resigning.

New photos have emerged.  ndrew Breitbart's website BigGovernment.com claims that a new woman has come forward with photos, chats, and emails sent to her by the congressman that suggest the two were involved in "an online, consensual relationship involving the mutual exchange of intimate photographs."
On a personal basis, I am deeply disappointed in the Congressman.  I followed his defense of the single payer system during the healthcare debate before the Affordable Health Care act was passed and signed by the President. I came to believe that Rep. Weiner was someone you could believe and trust, someone destined for greater things. Well, here's another politician that let me down and I'm not even in the geographic area he represents.
Enhanced by ZemantaA

No comments:

Post a Comment