Wednesday, October 5, 2011

NJ Gov Chris Christie Won't Run in 2012



After much media coverage of a  possible White House bid, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie put the speculation to rest.  He will not run for the office of President of the United States in the 2012 election.

“It just doesn’t feel right,” Christie said.

“What I always thought was the right decision remains the right decision,” Christie told reporters in a press conference in New Jersey. “Now is not my time.”

Christie admitted he reconsidered his earlier decision not to run because of increasing pressure from well-heeled Republican donors not happy with the current slate of GOP candidates.

“I felt an obligation to seriously consider what people were asking me to do. For me, the answer was never anything but no,” he said. “It never felt right to me.”

His announcement came one day before former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she would not run. Republican insiders say the field is set. It includes former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney and Texas Gov. Rick Perry.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment