Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bachman and Palin Bash Michelle Obama-Again

This is amazing. Babies breast feed almost imm...Image via Wikipedia
You'd think that three mothers with public influence could support a campaign to encourage mothers to breast feed their babies. Not so in today's political climate.

The First Lady is encouraging women to breast feed their children and the IRS is now allowing mothers to write off the cost of breast pumps and other equipment. Mrs. Obama encouraged women to take advantage of the tax break. Could you believe that this is the source of political debate?

First, here's my personal disclaimer.  I had four babies and I breast feed everyone of them. I know the benefits and support the effort. (No tax breaks for me back then.) Now let's see what Batman and Robin had to say.

While appearing on the Laura Ingraham show Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., said I’ve given birth to five babies, and I breast-fed every single one,” Bachmann said. “To think that government has to go out and buy my breast pump for my babies? You wanna talk about the nanny state?” 

Sarah Palin took a dig at Michelle Obama's breast-feeding initiative during an appearance at a Long Island country club. The New York Daily News is reporting that Palin cracked, "It's no wonder Michelle Obama is telling everybody you need to breast-feed your babies ... the price of milk is so high!"

This is the same woman who as Governor of Alaska dedicate a month to support a breast feeding initiative.  How quickly we forget.

I think Nsenga Burton of "The Root" Blog sums up my thoughts:

"Two women with 10 children between them, and they're really going after the first lady about breast-feeding? Unfortunately, their commitment to setting women back at least 100 years continues. Luckily, the mom-in-chief is helping women move forward."



First, nasty comments on Mrs. Obama war on childhood obesity; now on her breast feeding initiative. It's called Bachman and Palin psycho-blabber! Can you believe these two women want to be President of the United States?



 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment